Our love for hospitality extends further than our dedication to creating amazing guest experiences; it’s our duty to develop our team of professionals to become the next industry leaders; it’s our quest to find the finest ingredients; it’s our social responsibility to become a more sustainable organization every day.
What you will find at KAPOW is passion without pretense; a unique group that loves coming to work every day, shouts good morning, rolls up their sleeves and works together to create innovative techniques to redefine hospitality.
Reporting to the Executive Sushi Chef, the Sushi Cook is responsible for the Sushi station from prepping, cleaning, and cooking food as per recipe standards while maintaining a sanitized work area. The successful individual is passionate about the culinary industry and creating memorable sushi dishes for our guests.
WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE:
- General operations related to sushi preparation
- Set up sushi bar and stations.
- Fillet fish for the sushi bar and kitchen.
- Make sushi bar sauces and dressings.
- Monitor food stocks.
- Prepare all sushi rolls, nigiri, and sashimi.
- Maintain sushi bar area clean at all times and at the end of the shift.
- Champions Kapow’s vision and values and contribute to a culture of positivity and high standards where all employees CHASE perfection in everything they do
- Create an environment that is warm, welcoming, and filled with positivity for guests and employees
- Uphold our standards at all times and treat everyone with courtesy and respect
- Remain professional and poised during peak service hours
- Ability to remain organized at all times in a fast-paced environment
- Prepare station for service, complete mise en place, and stock list
- Prepare dishes during service in a high-paced and detail-orientated kitchen
- Prepare all assigned menu items in an efficient and consistent manner
- Place the highest value and importance on cleanliness and organization in all aspects of the kitchen while ensuring the company and kitchen standards are met at all times
INGREDIENTS YOU'LL BRING TO THE TABLE:
- Minimum 3 years sushi experience
- Fully understand and embody KAPOW’s can-do attitude, demonstrating a level of passion and dedication where no task is beneath you.
- Exude positivity and possess a welcoming and enthusiastic can-do attitude
- Exceptional ability to provide the utmost WOW factor experience to our guests.
- Excellent communication skills
- A proactive team player that embodies our spirit of entrepreneurship and mutual respect
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Results-oriented and impeccably organized
- Strong attention to detail
- Have extensive knowledge of cooking temperatures and general food safety regulations
- Full-time, flexible hours are required (days, nights, weekends, and holidays)
WHY YOU'LL LOVE WHAT YOU DO WITH KAPOW:
- Opportunities to grow and develop your career with our ever-growing company
- Mentorship and guidance by top hospitality professionals in the area
- Medical and dental benefits for eligible employees
- 50% Discounts at all SubCulture concepts
At KAPOW we do not tolerate any form of discrimination in the workplace, including during the recruitment stages. As such, all applications are viewed by our diverse recruitment team that uses a holistic and equitable approach. KAPOW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations in accordance with the Americas with Disabilities Act during the application process are available upon request.
Welcome to Subculture, everyone... and we mean everyone. The epitome of hospitality, Subculture Group and its conglomerate of venues embodies what it means to be in the business of making memorable meals, deliciously crafted beverages and unforgettable nights in its more than 18 locations- all as varied and as eclectic as its prized teams of dedicated staff. A leader in this group of winning locations is Kapow Noodle Bar, a multi-location, progressive Asian concept focused on executing exceptional food, extraordinary drinks and a level of service that draws our guests back time and time again. Expect sensory overload from every direction: the artwork, the explosive flavors of both food and drinks and the thrill of performance as the sounds of Karaoke singers serenade their party. As employers there is a sense of pride and ownership imparted through our comprehensive training programs providing all the tools needed to guide and enhance our guests' experiences. The only thing missing right now is you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)