Reports to: Manager On Duty
Purpose of Position
Deliver high-quality Kapow food and service to create an excellence guest experience
Performs the positions of Server, Bartender, Service Assistant, and Host as needed or scheduled
- Always well groomed, punctual, courteous, and assumes a pleasant and helpful attitude toward the guest and fellow staff members.
- Interacts with guests and manages guests’ issues in a positive, friendly and professional manner. Take orders from the guest in a clear, error-free manner while up selling food and drinks.
- Anticipates guests’ needs and strives for a positive and genuine experience. Arrives at guests table promptly and bids farewell upon guests leaving.
- Maintains the quality of product and does not serve inferior products to the guests. Responsible for accurately processing sales and monies.
- Keep server station and assigned section clean and organized Excellent phone skills.
- Responsible for opening and/or nightly side work and cleaning
- Knowledgeable about the method of preparation, ingredients, portion sizes, preparation time, quality standards, taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, garnish and method of presentation for all menu items and able to accurately describe and sell the items to the guests.
- Knowledgeable about the particular characteristics and descriptions of a number of each style wine in each price range on the Restaurant’s wine list as well as the premium and house brand liquors served at the bar, the drinks, which can be prepared at the bar, the correct method of ordering the drinks and the accompanying garnishes. THE FOOD SERVER MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH AND STRICTLY ABIDE BY ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE CONTROL LIQUOR REGULATION, PARTICULARLY THOSE PROHIBITING SERVICE TO MINOR OR INTOXICATED PERSONS.
- Carries a $30 minimum personal bank and is accountable for all cash and credit card sales collected. Works with and assists other staff.
- Attends periodic meetings as called by management such as wine seminars and Service Perfect meetings.
- All other work-related duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to stand up for up to 90% of shift; walk; sit; use hands; use objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment. The temperature may include that of a typical kitchen.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Subculture, everyone... and we mean everyone. The epitome of hospitality, Subculture Group and its conglomerate of venues embodies what it means to be in the business of making memorable meals, deliciously crafted beverages and unforgettable nights in its more than 18 locations- all as varied and as eclectic as its prized teams of dedicated staff. A leader in this group of winning locations is Kapow Noodle Bar, a multi-location, progressive Asian concept focused on executing exceptional food, extraordinary drinks and a level of service that draws our guests back time and time again. Expect sensory overload from every direction: the artwork, the explosive flavors of both food and drinks and the thrill of performance as the sounds of Karaoke singers serenade their party. As employers there is a sense of pride and ownership imparted through our comprehensive training programs providing all the tools needed to guide and enhance our guests' experiences. The only thing missing right now is you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)