- Greet guests and seat them at tables or in waiting areas
- Provide guests with menus
- Assign patrons to tables suitable for their needs and according to rotation so that servers receive an appropriate number of seatings
- Inform guests of current promotions and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Manage the flow of guests into the dining and bar areas, provide accurate wait times to incoming guests if appropriate
- Operate cash registers to accept payments for food and beverages
- Answer the phone.
- Take to-go orders when necessary.
- Keep the host stand neat, tidy, and presentable for guests.
- Previous restaurant hosting or serving experience preferred
- Friendly and customer-focused personality
- Ability to articulate clear greetings and farewells to guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Ability to clearly communicate guests’ needs to Servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate on the telephone
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Welcome to Subculture, everyone... and we mean everyone. The epitome of hospitality, Subculture Group and its conglomerate of venues embodies what it means to be in the business of making memorable meals, deliciously crafted beverages and unforgettable nights in its more than 18 locations- all as varied and as eclectic as its prized teams of dedicated staff. A leader in this group of winning locations is Kapow Noodle Bar, a multi-location, progressive Asian concept focused on executing exceptional food, extraordinary drinks and a level of service that draws our guests back time and time again. Expect sensory overload from every direction: the artwork, the explosive flavors of both food and drinks and the thrill of performance as the sounds of Karaoke singers serenade their party. As employers there is a sense of pride and ownership imparted through our comprehensive training programs providing all the tools needed to guide and enhance our guests' experiences. The only thing missing right now is you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)