Reports to: Manager On Duty
Purpose of Position
Deliver high-quality Kapow food and service to create an excellence guest experience
Performs the positions of Server, Bartender, Service Assistant, and Host as needed or scheduled
- Provide a positive first impression with a warm greeting upon guests arrival.
- Escorts guests to a table, ensuring you are always rotating seating through the dining area.
- Balances the guest flow among the servers’ taking into account requests for particular tables or servers depending upon availability.
- Manage special seating requests and other requirements of guests. Take reservations in a timely manner.
- Assist with the duties of servers when needed to include bussing tables and assisting with guest needs.
- Take telephone calls and reservations, utilizing the proper reservation system.
- Assemble and pass on critical information such as the number of covers, table turns, birthdays, pastry requests, etc. to kitchen, managers on duty and servers.
- Bid farewell to all guests in a friendly and gracious manner.
- Ensure all entrances and exits are unlocked during business hours. Never block by chairs or other items.
- Throw away old or tattered menus/wine lists and replace with new ones.
- When backup menus run low, advise the manager on duty so that more may be printed. Ensure the host stand is always neat, clean, and tidy.
- Attend meetings as called by management.
- All other work-related duties as assigned by management.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is required to stand up for up to 90% of shift; walk; sit; use hands; use objects or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell.
The team member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the team member is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level may include that of a typical restaurant environment. The temperature may include that of a typical kitchen.
Welcome to Subculture, everyone... and we mean everyone. The epitome of hospitality, Subculture Group and its conglomerate of venues embodies what it means to be in the business of making memorable meals, deliciously crafted beverages and unforgettable nights in its more than 18 locations- all as varied and as eclectic as its prized teams of dedicated staff. A leader in this group of winning locations is Kapow Noodle Bar, a multi-location, progressive Asian concept focused on executing exceptional food, extraordinary drinks and a level of service that draws our guests back time and time again. Expect sensory overload from every direction: the artwork, the explosive flavors of both food and drinks and the thrill of performance as the sounds of Karaoke singers serenade their party. As employers there is a sense of pride and ownership imparted through our comprehensive training programs providing all the tools needed to guide and enhance our guests' experiences. The only thing missing right now is you!
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)